Talk to Me Tuesday
Talk to Me Tuesday is a monthly series of virtual learning offered by a variety of experts to support you as you navigate health and well-being in today’s challenging world.
- Who: All are welcome and there is no cost to attend.
- When: Various Tuesdays, 12:15 to 1:00 pm
- Where: Virtual by Webex. Registration is required at the link provided for each session
- Why: To help you feel supported and empowered to take control of your health and well-being
- Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Navigate the Emotional Ups and Downs of Parenting a Teen or Tween
Tuesday, August 30, 12:15-1:00 pm
Join Rachel Rifkin, LCSW, member of the Integrated Well-Being Program for UNC Health, to learn specific skills and strategies to support your tweens and teens as they navigate big emotions and challenging transitions. This session will teach participants skills derived from Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
In this session, participants will:
- Understand the concept of dialectics and how they apply to parenting tweens and teens.
- Recognize the role of validation in improving communication and regulating emotions.
- Learn behavior change skills to reduce unwanted behaviors and increase wanted behaviors.
Click here to register.