Proper nutrition is one of the most important components of a healthy lifestyle. We believe that each individual should have an eating plan that is designed with their own likes, dislikes, and health requirements in mind. Loving food and living well – we can help make it happen!
Nutritional services available to members and non-members include:
- New Member Nutrition Assessment: UNC Wellness Centers believes that nutrition is an important part of good health. Therefore, each new member is given a free 30-minute nutrition consult with a registered dietitian. Appointments can be made at the front desk.
- Individual Nutritional Counseling: Meet with a registered dietitian for a one-on-one session to discuss your nutritional concerns and nutrition meal planning.
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing: Metabolic testing is the only accurate way to measure energy expenditure. It calculates the number of calories an individual expends in a day while at rest. Knowing your metabolic measurement can provide the information needed to develop a nutritional assessment for personalized success.
- Sweat Rate Testing: Would you like to know how much sodium and water is lost during exercise? Simple measurements before and after exercise with a brief 20-minute session with the dietitian will help you answer these questions to optimize performance.
- Web Wellness: No time to see the dietitian on a regular basis? How about seeing the dietitian “virtually”? This program allows you to communicate with the dietitian on a weekly basis via e-mail or any other electronic application. Great for those with busy lives. This package includes an initial individual session and 10 weeks of follow-up.
Our Registered Dietitians are registered and licensed to practice dietetics in the state of North Carolina. The dietitians are available Monday-Saturday to schedule clients for nutrition appointments. Read the Nutrition Services staff bios for Meadowmont here and for Northwest Cary here.