The Health Education Department’s mission is to educate members and the community about achieving a healthy lifestyle and a variety of important health and wellness topics. The department also manages the classroom, teaching kitchen, and nutrition services. Classroom reservations can be made through the Health Education Manager by contacting (984) 974-2571.
Click here to view the current schedule of virtual education.
- PWR!Moves (Parkinson Wellness Recovery) is an evidence-based exercise program integrating whole-body movements that can slow motor deterioration, improve symptoms, and increase the quality of life in those living with Parkinson’s disease. Sessions begin each month. View the calendar and select the Health Education category to view upcoming classes. Contact Julie.McNamara@unchealth.unc.edu with questions.
- Talk to Me Tuesday is a monthly series of virtual learning offered by a variety of experts to support you as you navigate health and well-being in today’s challenging world. Click here to view the schedule of topics, access registration links, and view past talk recordings.
- Virtual Caregiver’s Support Group is offered on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Email Susan.Chesser@unchealth.unc.edu to participate.
- Coffee with the Coach is offered on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 2 pm. The virtual monthly session led by a Certified Health and Well-being Coach will energize you with positive momentum, educate you with a “topic of the month”, and engage you in deciding your next step. Email McNamara@unchealth.unc.edu to register.
- Complimentary Blood pressure screenings are offered monthly in the facility lobbies. Check the online calendar for upcoming dates (select the Health Education category).