What ages? Rising first through 8th grade.; The child must have completed kindergarten to enroll.
What are the hours and dates of camp?
- Drop off is between 8:30-9 am and pick up is between 4:45-5:15 pm.
- Weeks of camp: June 14-18, June 21-25, June 28-July 2, July 12-16, July 19-23, July 26-30, August 2-6
What is the process for drop-off and pick-up?
- Drop off and pick up will be outside. A UNC Wellness Centers Camp Counselor will greet you outside when you arrive and when you come to pick up your child.
- Wellness Check Screenings will occur during drop-off, and we ask parents to not enter the building.
- We currently have an online Wellness Check option for your convenience. You may show the screenshot or printed picture to the camp counselor at the time of arrival. To complete the online Wellness Check, please click here.
- Photo ID is required and must match the names listed on your camper’s “Authorized Pick Up” chart.
What is the cost for one week of camp? Is there an additional child discount? One week of camp for members is $230 per child, per week. Non-members are $255 per child, per week. Additional children are offered a 10% discount.
What methods of payment can I use? We accept cash, check, or credit card payment for the payment of registration. Full payment is required at the time of registration to reserve the child’s space.
What activities are included in camp? Our facility has a lot to offer and our campers get to enjoy it all! Summer camp activities include indoor and outdoor sports, swimming, climbing on the rock wall, arts and crafts, nature, activities in the gym as well as outside on the turf, and group exercise classes!
What should campers bring every day?
- Face covering/Mask
- Lunch and a morning snack
- Water Bottle
- Swimsuit, swim clothing, and or goggles
- Athletic shoe/closed toe
- Recommended change of clothing
What do campers do for lunch?Campers play hard and get hungry! Please provide a morning snack as well as a bag lunch each day. Lunches should be in a paper, plastic, or reusable bag with their name clearly labeled on the bag. Campers do not have access to a microwave or refrigerator. Snacks must be peanut-free. Please do not send gum or candy. An afternoon snack is provided however if allergies are a concern please provide an additional snack from home.
What if the camp session is full? Is there a waitlist? If the program is full, we offer the option to add a participant to the waitlist. Being placed on the waitlist does not guarantee a spot in the program. Please ensure that your contact information is current at the time you are placed on a waitlist, the Youth Fitness Coordinator will contact waitlisted individuals on a first-come, first-served basis as space in the program becomes available.
What is the dress code?Participants should wear shorts and a lightweight shirt or top. We recommend a sweatshirt or jacket for indoor activities. Campers need to wear some type of athletic shoe or sneaker each day to camp. Sandals, flip-flop crocs style, or any other type of open shoe should not be worn to camp. If your camper is not properly attired, they will not be permitted to participate in camp activities and a parent/guardian will be notified and asked to bring appropriate attire.
Do campers swim every day? Is there a swim test? Yes, please bring a swimsuit or swim clothing with you each day. Goggles are recommended. Certified lifeguards supervise all swimming activities. Children will complete a swim test the first time they attend the pool.
- Swim continuously for 25 yards
- Tread water in 9 feet for one (1) minute
Once assessed, swimmers will wear a swim band indicating where they are allowed in the pool. If the child cannot pass the swim test, he or she must stay in the 3½ foot depth of the pool area. If your child does not wish to swim they may choose an alternative activity supervised by one of the camp counselors
Is there a lost and found?Yes. Please be sure to mark all clothing and bags with the camper’s full name. All lost and found items will be placed in the lost and found box located on the table in the classroom where campers sign in to and out of camp.