Group Fitness Classes
Our main focus is to provide you with the ultimate experience in a comfortable, non-intimidating, safe and fun environment.
We are proud to offer group fitness classes that cover a wide range of interests and ability levels. Instructors are also adept at suggesting modifications that allow members to participate at their own level of fitness. All classes are led by over 50 of the area’s top fitness professionals.
There are over 95 classes a week ranging from A-Z , Aerobics to Zumba. Cycling classes are offered each week in a state of the art concert-quality cycling studio.
All classes are included in your membership at no additional cost.
Group Fitness Studios are all equipped with state of the art equipment, audio/stereo systems, suspended wood flooring, floor to ceiling mirrors and adjustable lighting.
Get a great workout in any one of our classes. Click here to access UNC Wellness Center at Northwest Cary’s current class schedule for the group fitness program.
FOR YOUR SAFETY PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- If you are running 5-7 minutes late, please take the next class.
- Proper aerobic shoes are required. Instructors can provide clarification.
- Gym bags are not permitted in the studios. Please store personal belongings in a locker.
- No reserving spots – all classes are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please respect other members’ exercise space.
- Please feel free to work at your own pace and skill level. However, it is discourteous and distracting to do your own routine during a class.
- Water must be bottled. No cups please!
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in group fitness classes unless otherwise noted.
- Always wait for the preceding class to end before you enter the room.
- Perfume and cologne can be harmful to members who suffer from respiratory issues. Please avoid wearing perfume and cologne while exercising.
- Please be considerate of other members and the instructor and refrain from conversation during class.
- Please set your cell phones and pagers to vibrate. iPods and other listening devices are not allowed in class.
Thank you for your cooperation.