The aquatics area consists of a 7 lane, 25-yard indoor heated pool, a whirlpool, and sauna. The main pool includes a deep end which allows us to increase the type of group fitness programming we can offer. Lap lanes will always be available. The aquatics area will be open during regular facility hours. However, the area will close 15 minutes prior to the facility closing to allow users time to shower, change, and exit the building before the facility closes. The main pool’s temperature will be maintained at around 83 degrees and the air temperature between 83 and 86 degrees. Lifeguards are always on duty. To view the current pool lane schedule for lap swimming and open recreation, click here.
(May reserve lap lane online within 7 days of the reservation beginning at 12:00 pm)
- Create your online account by clicking here. On this page, enter the appropriate information to create your login credentials. If you have any issues creating your account, please contact us and we can have temporary login credentials emailed to you.
- Once you have created your account or if you already have your login credentials, log into your membership account on the same page you created your account. Enter your username and password and click Login.
- On the home page, click the Scheduler button.
- Click the Aquatics button.
- Select a Lap Lane.
- Enter in the date you would like to reserve a lap lane and hit Continue.
- On the next page, you will be able to see all of the 30 minute slots that are available to reserve for the lap lane and date you selected. If you do not see an option that works, you can continue to search for other options by wellness center location, any lap lane and other dates. Reminder: lap lanes can be reserved up to 1 week in advance and members are allowed to book one slot per day during that one week period.
- Click the Add to Cart button when you are ready to make a reservation for a time slot.
- Click Continue to confirm adding the reservation slot to your cart.
- Select the individual using the reservation and select the Host button. The member and the reservation will be verified at the front desk when checking in. Individuals must be a minimum of 13 years old to use the pool at this time.
- Click the Continue to Cart button to confirm booking.
- The next page will confirm your booking and you will receive a confirmation email to the email address on file. You can hit the Back button to start over and book a reservation for another day if allowable.
- If you have any questions or issues, please CONTACT US and we will get back to you as soon as possible and will answer your email within 1 business day or sooner.
Reservation by Phone
(May reserve lap lane online within 7 days of the reservation beginning at 5:00AM)
- Call our front desk beginning June 1st during operating hours and our staff will be able to reserve a lap lane for you.
- Meadowmont: 919-966-5500 and NW Cary: 919-957-5900.
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 5am - 8pm; Saturday, 7am - 7pm; Sunday, 7am - 1pm.
How to View A Scheduled Lap Lane Reservation
- Sign in to your online member account.
- On your member account home page, select ‘Account Information’.
- Select ‘Reservation Report’ (Left Side of Screen).
- Input Date Criteria.
- Click ‘Show Report’ (Right Side of Screen) to view your scheduled reservation.
How to Cancel A Scheduled Lap Lane Reservation
- Follow Steps 1-5 on How to View a Lap Lane Reservation.
- Look for ‘Schedule’ (1st Box at Bottom of Screen).
- Click Hyperlink of Lane Number/Appointment that you want to cancel.
- Click ‘Cancel Schedule’ (Bottom Right).
- Children under 8 using the pool must be accompanied at all times by an adult in the water. Children between 8 and 12 must have an adult present on the pool deck.
- Please shower before entering any of the pools.
- Please refrain from using the pool if you have an open wound or contagious skin condition.
- Children who are not yet toilet-trained are required to wear swim diapers in the pool.
- For your safety and well-being, sandals or aqua socks are recommended in this area. Always use care when on a wet surface as it may be slippery.
- The entire Open Recreation area will close during Aqua Aerobics classes. Sections of the Open Recreation area will be closed during swim lessons.
- Three lanes are regularly reserved for lap swimmers. Lap swimming lanes are only reduced when special events or programs require more space.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the sauna or whirlpool.
- We recommend cooling down before using the sauna or whirlpool.
- Entering the sauna or whirlpool immediately after exercise may deplete your energy rapidly.
- Please limit your time in the sauna or whirlpool to less than ten minutes.
- People with high blood pressure should consult a physician before using the sauna or whirlpool.
What ages? Rising first through 8th grade. The child must have completed kindergarten to enroll.
What are the hours and dates of camp?
- June 13-17, June 20-24, June 27-July 1, July 11-15, July 18-22, July 25-29, August 1-5
What time is drop off and pick up? Children may arrive between 8:30-9:00am. Please do not drop your camper off prior to 8:30am. Parent/Guardian must park their vehicle and walk their child into the facility and sign the child into the camp.
Children must be picked up between 4:45-5:15pm. You must come in the building to sign your camper out each day. Photo ID is required and must match the names listed on your camper’s “Authorized Pick Up” chart.
What is the cost for one week of camp? Is there an additional child discount? One week of camp for members is $230 per child, per week. Non-members are $255 per child, per week. Additional children are offered a 10% discount.
What methods of payment can I use? We accept cash, check or credit card payment for the payment of registration. Full payment is required at the time of registration to reserve the child’s space.
What activities are included in camp? Our facility has a lot to offer and our campers get to enjoy it all! Summer camp activities include indoor and outdoor sports, swimming, climbing on the rockwall, arts and crafts, nature, cooking demos, activities in the gym as well as outside on the turf, and group exercise classes!
What should campers bring every day?
- Swimsuit, swim clothing, and or goggles (we swim every day)
- Lunch and morning snack
- Athletic shoe/closed toe
- Water bottle
- Recommended change of clothing
- Water Shoes on Thursday (Water Day Outside)
What do campers do for lunch? Campers play hard and get hungry! Please provide a morning snack as well as a bag lunch each day. Lunches should be in a paper, plastic, or reusable bag with their name clearly labeled on the bag. Campers do not have access to a microwave or refrigerator. Snacks must be peanut-free. Please do not send gum or candy. An afternoon snack is provided however if allergies are a concern please provide an additional snack from home.
How are the children divided up and how does the staffing work? Are children grouped by age? Campers are grouped according to age/grade. If there are numerous campers in a particular age group, we will split the larger group into two smaller ones. There will be one head counselor for each group and floater counselors assisting at stations such as the rock wall or outdoor turf. Also, assisting in supervising our summer camp program is the Youth Fitness Coordinator who is onsite daily.
What if the camp session is full? Is there a waitlist? If the program is full, we offer the option to add a participant to the waitlist. Being placed on the waitlist does not guarantee a spot in the program. Please ensure that your contact information is current at the time you are placed on a waitlist, the Youth Fitness Coordinator will contact waitlisted individuals on a first-come, first-served basis as space in the program becomes available.
What is the dress code? Participants should wear shorts and a lightweight shirt or top. We recommend a sweatshirt or jacket for indoor activities. Campers need to wear some type of athletic shoe or sneaker each day to camp. Sandals, flip-flop crocs style, or any other type of open shoe should not be worn to camp. If your camper is not properly attired, they will not be permitted to participate in camp activities and a parent/guardian will be notified and asked to bring appropriate attire.
Do campers swim every day? Is there a swim test? Yes, please bring a swimsuit or swim clothing with you each day. Goggles are recommended. Certified lifeguards supervise all swimming activities. Children will complete a swim test the first time they attend the pool.
- Swim continuously for 25 yards
- Tread water in 9 feet for one (1) minute
Once assessed, swimmers will wear a swim band indicating where they are allowed in the pool. If the child cannot pass the swim test, he or she must stay in the 3½ foot depth of the pool area. If your child does not wish to swim they may choose an alternative activity supervised by one of the camp counselors
Is there a lost and found? Yes. Please be sure to mark all clothing and bags with the camper’s full name. All lost and found items will be placed in the lost and found box located on the table in the classroom where campers sign in to and out of camp.
NW Cary: Lanes 1-4 are to be reserved for Aqua Aerobics classes. Meadowmont: Lanes 1-2 are reserved for Aqua Aerobics.
- Open Rec is closed to members who are not participating in aqua aerobic classes. Members can use the swim lanes for swimming only or they can come back after the aqua class to use the open rec space.