Children at UNC Wellness
We welcome children and families at UNC Wellness. Their health and happiness are important to us.
To ensure the safety of children in our facilities, all members and guests are required to adhere to the following guidelines. These guidelines may be adjusted as deemed necessary by the management team — safety is always our top priority.
In all areas of UNC Wellness Centers, children under the age of 13 should have direct parental supervision at all times.
- ‘Direct parental supervision’ means that a parent or other authorized guardian should maintain constant visual contact and the ability to verbally communicate with the child in a normal ‘inside’ speaking voice.
- These areas include lobbies, hallways, the classrooms, locker rooms, the parking lot, and outside sitting areas.
- There should be no ‘drop off’ of any children under 13 without an accompanying adult.
- Children in strollers can be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the track and may be pushed on the track in the two designated walking lanes.
- Members may not use any strength training equipment or cardiovascular equipment, including equipment on the track, while supervising a child in a stroller.
Stay-N-Play for Young Children
The Stay-n-Play area provides members and guests with safe care for children (ages 3 months through 12 years) while their parents are in the facility. There is no additional cost for using the Stay-n-Play.
All Stay-n-Play staff are infant and child CPR certified. The Stay-n-Play staff is trained to interact with the children at all times and will use games, books, music, and toys to get children involved in fun activities.
Since space and staff are limited, reservations are strongly advised. Reservations can be made by calling or visiting the front desk. The primary goals of the Stay-n-Play are safety, security, and smiles.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00AM – 2:00PM & 4:00PM – 8:00PM
Friday: 8:00AM – 2:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM – 12:00PM
Sunday: 3:00 – 6:00PM
Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 2:00PM & 4:00PM – 8:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Sunday: 3:00 – 6:30PM
For more detail on the Stay-n-Play policies and procedures, read our Stay-n-Play brochure.
Supervised Play is an extended service of Stay-N-Play available at the Northwest Cary Facility. It is our way to allow parents time to exercise while their child has fun staying active, too.
Supervised Play is a well-supervised environment where children can develop physical, social and emotional skills. Your children will be able to participate in a wide variety of activities that enrich their learning, encourage friendships and provide opportunities for exploration.
Age requirements: 3–12 years.
Time limit may not exceed two hours.
Supervised Play Hours
Monday – Thursday: 8:15AM – 12:15PM, 4:45PM – 8:15PM
Saturday: 8:15AM – 12:15PM
How to Register for Supervised Play
Supervised Play is on a first come first serve availability. You must sign a waiver indicating which areas within the facility your child is authorized to travel. Areas include: Gym, Rock climbing wall, and Outdoor Turf.
-Parents must sign their children in and out of Supervised Play.
-Children signed in to Stay-n-Play, will stay in Stay-n-Play.
Availability of Supervised Play
Management reserves the right to alter availability of days and times based on member utilization, group fitness class modifications, and holidays or other reasons. Check the website for scheduled times
Kids must be in close-toed shoes. Athletic wear is perfered.