Group Fitness Classes
The goal of the Group Fitness program is to help our members enjoy the benefits of cardiovascular, flexibility, and strength training through safe and effective programs for all levels of fitness. We offer an extensive selection of group fitness classes each week, including classes for the beginner, intermediate, and advanced exerciser. All classes are included as part of your membership and we will provide any equipment for a class if needed.
From heart-pumping classes to serene, calming classes like Yoga and T’ai Chi, our group fitness classes provide another way to change your life and develop a positive health and fitness habit. Our outstanding staff of instructors are certified and continually updating their expertise.
To view UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont’s current calendar and list of offerings, click here.
Group Fitness Guidelines
If you are new to our group fitness program, please read our guidelines below for making the classes a safer and more enjoyable experience for you and other members.
- If you are running 5-10 minutes late, please wait to take the next class to avoid any disruptions to the instructor and the class participants.
- Proper aerobic shoes are required.
- All classes are on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserving spots is not allowed.
- Please respect other members’ exercise space.
- Please feel free to work at your own pace and skill level. However, it is discourteous and distracting to do your own routine during a class.
- Please keep all water in bottles.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in group fitness classes unless otherwise noted.
- LeMond exercise bikes are for use during supervised fitness classes only.
- Always wait for the preceding class to end before entering the room.
- Perfume and cologne can be harmful to members who suffer from respiratory issues. Please avoid wearing these scents while exercising.
- Please be considerate of other members and the instructor and refrain from conversation during class.
- Please set your cell phones and pagers to vibrate. iPods and other listening devices are not allowed in class.
For more information on How to Register for In-Person Group Fitness click here
For more information on How to Register for Live Streaming Virtual Group Fitness click here