The goal of our youth fitness program is to provide opportunities and encouragement for youth to participate in physical activities that are age-appropriate, enjoyable, and safe. UNC Wellness Centers is offering a variety of physical fitness activities including group fitness classes and family fitness game nights.
In-Person Classes at NWC:
Drills and Skills (Ages 8-12), Tuesdays 4:30-5:00 pm, Turf Field
Kids Yoga (Ages 8-12), Thursdays 5:00-5:30 pm, Turf Field
Youth Games (Ages 8-12), Mondays 4:30-5:00 pm, Turf Field
Youth Circuits (Ages 8-12), Wednesdays 4:30-5:00 pm, Turf Field
- Class Registration is required through your member portal or calling the front desk
- Drop off/Pick up: 15 minutes prior to class and 15 minutes after class
- Drop off: Drop off in the drive way and a staff member will conduct the wellness check with parent/child
- Wellness Checks will take place outside during drop off
- Pick up: Parents will park and walk to pick up child at the gate and/or near fence
- Know Your Ws: Wear, Wait, Wash. All members coming to outdoor group fitness classes must wear a cloth face covering prior to and after class, maintain appropriate physical distancing with other members and staff members, and practice hand hygiene with provided hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure of the group fitness class.
- Please bring a water bottle
- In case of inclement weather, class will be held virtually
- For more information on outdoor classes and safety procedures CLICK HERE
- For more information on registering for in-person classes CLICK HERE
- Continue to check the Programs Calendar for class updates
Family Fitness BINGO
September 25, 5:30-6:30pm
Fitness Bingo is a fun filled and fast paced take on traditional bingo! Families will be given a card where traditional bingo numbers have been replaced with exercise challenges. If the exercise called is on your bingo card you will complete the exercise and mark off that spot on your card! Prizes will be given out for bingo winners.
Family Fitness Bingo will take place in the Northwest Cary parking lot where all participants will be safely distanced. Bring a water bottle and get ready to play!
**Space is limited. Sign up by emailing Eliza.Evans@unchealth.unc.edu