The goal of our youth fitness program is to provide opportunities and encouragement for youth to participate in physical activities that are age-appropriate, enjoyable, and safe. UNC Wellness Centers is offering a variety of physical fitness activities including group fitness classes and family fitness game nights. Please check our online calendar for the latest schedule of youth programs and special events.
In-Person Classes at NWC (new start times below beginning the week of October 19th):
- Youth Games (Ages 8-12), Mondays 5:45-6:45 pm
- Drills and Skills (Ages 8-12), Tuesdays 4:30-5:15 pm
- Youth Circuits (Ages 8-12), Wednesdays 5:45-6:45 pm
- Kids Yoga (Ages 8-12), Thursdays 5:00-5:30 pm
Class and Registration Details
- Class Registration is required through your member portal or by calling the front desk
- Know Your Ws: Wear, Wait, Wash. All members coming to outdoor group fitness classes must wear a cloth face-covering prior to and after class, maintain appropriate physical distancing with other members and staff members, and practice hand hygiene with provided hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure of the group fitness class.
- Please bring a water bottle
- In case of inclement weather, the class will be held in the gym. Please bring a face covering in the event the class is moved indoors. Face coverings are required at all times indoors. Under the current Executive Order, you will not be required to wear a face covering while exercising outdoors in a group fitness class as long as you maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others that do not reside in your household.
- For more information on outdoor classes and safety procedures CLICK HERE
- For more information on registering for in-person classes CLICK HERE
- Continue to check the Programs Calendar for class updates (Meadowmont and NW Cary)