Phase I and Phase II – Track
As an extra measure of safety, physical distancing will be 10 feet while exercising. This includes the tracks, fitness areas, and outdoor group fitness classes. This 10-foot distancing guideline will limit the capacity of available equipment on the fitness floors. To accommodate more equipment and areas for individual exercise, the track will be used to provide additional workout spaces during Phases I and II. Click here to see a map of Meadowmont track. Click here to see a map of Northwest Cary track.
- 3 of the 4 track lanes will be closed.
- 1 lane, the inside lane, will be available for walking only. The second lane will be used for passing or for individuals to access and walk to their individual workout spaces.
- The two outside lanes will be closed to accommodate cardio equipment and individual workout spaces. Running will not be permitted on the tracks.
- Cardio equipment and individual workout areas around the track will be marked for physical distancing and spaced 10 feet apart
- Our small fitness equipment (bands, kettlebells, bars, medicine balls, etc.) will be located in the Functional Fitness area of the track at Northwest Cary and distributed at the Meadowmont Lane end of the track at Meadowmont facility.
- Individual workout spaces will be located near the small fitness equipment so members can easily walk to a designated space to exercise.
- Regularly scheduled sanitization of all high-touch surfaces. All disinfecting products we are using meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
- Targeted disinfecting of fitness equipment and high-touch areas with after-hours cleanings using electrostatic disinfection misting product
Phase III – Track
- Cardio equipment and small fitness equipment will be back in their original locations throughout the center
- All lanes of the track will be open for running and walking