Introducing…Talk to Me Tuesday!
A monthly series of virtual learning with the UNC Wellness Centers Health Education Team to support you as you navigate health and well-being in today’s challenging world.
- Who: All are welcome and there is no cost to attend.
- When: 4th Tuesday of each month, 12:15 to 1:00 pm
- Where: Virtual by Webex. Registration is required at the link provided for each session
- Why: To help you feel supported and empowered to take control of your health and well-being
- Contact: Email email@example.com for more information.
First Steps Back to Fitness
Tuesday, May 25, 12:15-1:00 pm
Click here to register. Free for Members and Non-members.
Get back to your fitness routine the smart way! Effectively get back in the game of life by building strength and function with your fitness routine. Whether you are the weekend warrior playing pickleball, the triathlete who hasn’t been inside the gym in the past year or simply want to carry in more grocery bags at one time, this session will have something for you!
In this discussion, we will break down to figure out a starting point that takes into account your strengths and weaknesses, and help you create a progressive plan that gets you results and prevents injury.
Join the session to:
– Learn how your body adapts to exercise
– Figure out the best place to start
– Personalize your plan for maximum results
Previous Talk Resources:
- June 16: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- June 23: Energize Your Life
- June 30: Mindset Matters: How to be Mindful in the Midst of a Crisis
- July 7: 3 Simple Strategies to Build New Habits
- July 14: How to be Physically Active and Avoid Injury during the Pandemic
- July 21: 3 Tips to Manage Weight During a Pandemic
- July 28: 5 Ways to Thrive in the Midst of Chaos
- August 4: Run with your Butt…
- August 11: You are Not Alone: Improve Health by Developing Strategies to Connect
- August 25: Get Your Groove Back, Baby!
- September 1: Positive Parenting During COVID-19
- September 29: How to incorporate movement snack in your day