UNC Wellness Centers has outdoor and indoor fitness areas available for individual Personal Training services at both centers and will be able to provide this service beginning June 2nd. In order to comply with recent state and local restrictions, we will be taking every measure to protect against the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We will also continue to provide virtual personal training services for those who prefer to continue to exercise from home. Please refer to the following information for the full list of precautions we will be taking.
We have implemented the following to provide a safe environment for our members and staff.
- We will conduct daily employee wellness checks to ensure healthy work environments.
- Members will be asked symptoms screening questions prior to beginning their session. Please click here for more information on the wellness check.
- Personal trainers will wear face masks during the sessions.
- Personal trainers will practice hand hygiene before and after sessions.
- Based on the most recent Executive Order, individuals must wear face coverings while exercising if they are either: Outdoors and within six ( 6) feet of someone who does not reside in the exercising person’s household; or Indoors and not within their own home.
- Personal trainers will stagger appointments to ensure 6 feet physical distancing is achievable between sessions.
- Personal trainers and clients will do the following:
- Maintain 6 feet physical distance
- Work together to ensure equipment used is wiped down before and after use with disinfecting cleaners that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV2, the virus that causes COVID-19, to clean all high touch surfaces
- Members should bring a water bottle and a towel.
- Personal training will also continue to be done virtually if the client prefers.
- Virtual personal training will be used as an option during inclement weather if the client has chosen to workout outside.
PERSONAL TRAINING FAQ’s
Why should you join us for Outdoor Personal Training?
UNC Wellness Centers has outdoor fitness areas available for individual Personal Training services at both Centers and are happy to be able to provide outdoor personal training to help our members with their health and wellness.
When are we starting Outdoor Personal Training?
Who do I contact to get started with Personal Training?
Meadowmont: Kathy DeBlasio, 984-974-2561, firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Cary: Neva Avery, 984-974-2555, email@example.com
Where is the Virtual Personal Training taking place in case of inclement weather?
How will the client know they are doing virtual versus in-person training in inclement weather?
The personal trainer will communicate with their client regarding changes in how the session will be conducted in case of inclement weather.
What type of equipment will personal trainers use outdoors?
- A variety of equipment will be used during outdoor personal training sessions, including dumbbells, kettlebells, bands, medicine balls, and the TANK (at Northwest Cary)
- The personal trainer will be responsible for disinfecting all equipment used
Where will Outdoor Personal Training take place at the Meadowmont location?
Outdoor personal training at the Meadowmont location will be held in the outdoor area near the monkey bars and large tire area. The Wellness Services Manager will work with the personal trainers to help stagger appointments as needed.
Where will Outdoor Personal Training take place at the Northwest Cary location?
Outdoor personal training at Northwest Cary will be held on the turf field. The Wellness Services Manager will work with the personal trainers to help stagger appointments as needed. The turf field area in Northwest Cary is large enough to accommodate multiple trainers and clients while practicing physical distancing.