Based on the guidelines that Governor Cooper outlined for Phase 2, fitness centers in NC are not permitted to open until further notice. However, Phase 2 guidelines do allow groups of 25 or less to meet outside. As a result, the UNC Wellness Centers will offer limited Live Streaming Virtual group fitness classes beginning June 15th with restrictions in accordance with state and local guidelines. Please read through the following information to learn how to register for a Live Streaming Virtual group fitness class.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A LIVE STREAMING VIRTUAL CLASS
Our Live Streaming Virtual Class Schedule will be posted on www.uncwellness.com on our online calendars.
- Members may visit our online calendar, select the class which will then display the class description including level and equipment needed.
- Click on the Registration link in the description.
- Registration is required to participate in live streaming virtual classes.
- Once registered, a Zoom link will be automatically sent via email.
- Registered member will click link, “Click Here to Join” class.
- The Zoom waiting room will open 15 minutes prior to each class, allowing for socialization between members and staff. At the conclusion of class, members may leave on their own or stay for socialization for 5 minutes.
- Members are encouraged to contact Paula Keck, Fitness Programs Manager, to share comments or for specific requests at the completion of the class.