Based on the guidelines that Governor Cooper outlined for Phase 2, fitness centers in NC are not permitted to open until further notice. However, Phase 2 guidelines do allow groups of 25 or less to meet outside. As a result, the UNC Wellness Centers will offer limited outdoor group fitness classes beginning June 15th with restrictions in accordance with state and local guidelines. Please read through the following information to learn how to register for an in-person group fitness class and live virtual streaming classes.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR AN IN-PERSON GROUP FITNESS CLASS
Our Outdoor Group Fitness Class Schedule will be posted on www.uncwellness.com on our online calendars. In order to participate, registration is required. Registration can be done through your member account. If you have any issues creating your account, please contact us and we can have temporary login credentials emailed to you.
- Members may visit our online calendar, select the class to display the class description including level and equipment needed.
- Registration will be available by logging into your membership account under Group Exercise.
- Registration will begin on June 14th and will open 48 hours in advance of each class.
- An automatic email will be sent to member once registration is confirmed.
- Members may cancel up to 2 hours prior to the start of class. See cancellation policy.
- Members are encouraged to contact Paula Keck, Fitness Programs Manager, to share comments or for specific requests at the completion of the class.
How to Register for In-Person Group Fitness Class using Desktop Computer
- Visit uncwellness.com
- Click Member Login to access Member Account
- Select Group Exercise
- The class schedule will appear. Select between Northwest Cary and Meadowmont depending on which site is holding the class you would like to register for by clicking “Change”
- Use additional search tools to find the specific class you would like to enroll in
- Click “Enroll” to register for selected class
- Review note on Wellness Checks.
- Select the Member to register in the class by checking their name and Click “Register”
- After selecting Register, you are successfully registered for that group fitness class.
How to Register for In-Person Group Fitness Class using Smartphone
- Click on UNC Wellness Centers App
- Visit Home Screen
- On the bottom bar, click “Classes”
- Select class to register
- Click “Book”
- Click “Accept”
- Select Member to register
- Click Next
- Click “OK” or Add to Calendar