UNC Wellness Centers is offering limited climbing wall access by reservation only beginning the week of October 18th. Please read through the following information for more details.
Climbing Wall Hours of Operation
Tuesdays: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursdays: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Fridays: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Climbing Wall Guidelines and Information
- Limited 40-minute online reservations for members ages 4 years and older for access to the climbing wall or the bouldering
- Reservations can be made through your online member portal.
- Reservations will be limited to one per day, per individual member, and not made per family.
- Reservations can be made for use on the main wall to use the automatic-belay, manually-operated belay, or for the bouldering wall.
- Reservations can be made 7 days in advance.
- There is gap time between each reservation to allow climbers to exit while maintaining physical distancing and also for staff to clean and disinfect high-touch and common areas between appointments.
- 3 lanes open on the main wall—and 2 routes per lane for variety.
- There is gap time before and after each reservation to allow exiting climbers, physical distancing, and cleaning and disinfecting between appointments.
- The first 5 minutes of each appointment will be used for updated climbing education.
- In order to maintain physical distancing, parents and guardians may stand on the other side of the counter or in the seating area across from the climbing wall.
- UNC Wellness Centers staff members will wear face masks and eye protection.
- Climbers are required to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth at all times.
- Climbers 4 years old and older can use the climbing wall.
- Check-in for climbing appointments will be done at the entry of the climbing area for participants to review and complete the smart waiver and for hand sanitizing.
- Smart waivers can also be completed prior to arrival of appointment to streamline the check-in process by clicking here for an adult climber and here for a youth climber.
- UNC Wellness Centers will follow NC DHHS and CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfection, physical distancing, and hand-hygiene.
Climbing Wall Reservations
How to Make an Online Reservation (Members can make an online climbing wall reservation within 7 days of the desired date/time)
1. Create your online account by clicking here. On this page, enter the appropriate information to create your login credentials. If you have any issues creating your account, please contact us and we can have temporary login credentials emailed to you.
2. Once you have created your account or if you already have your login credentials, log into your membership account here. Enter your username and password and click “Login”.
3. On the home page, click the “Scheduler” button.
4. Click the “Climbing Wall” button.
5. Select Climbing Wall.
6. Enter in the date you would like to climb and hit “Continue”.
7. On the next page, you will be able to see all of the 40 minute slots that are available to reserve for the climbing wall on the date you selected. In the Resource Tab, Select All for Climber #1, #2, and #3, then click Search to view all available time slots for the date you selected. Reminder: the climbing wall can be reserved up to 1 week in advance and members are allowed to book one slot per day, per individual member, and not made per family.
8. Click the “Add to Cart” button under list view or click the highlighted box under calendar view when you are ready to make a reservation for a time slot.
9. Click “Continue” and “Accept” to confirm adding the reservation slot to your cart.
10. Select the individual using the reservation and select the “Host” button. The member and the reservation will be verified at the front desk when checking in. Individuals must be a minimum of 4 years old and listed on your account to use the climbing wall. To add an adult/child to your membership account, click here.
11. Click the “Continue to Cart” button to confirm booking. The “Continue Shopping” button will allow you to reserve another individual climber listed on your account. Each individual climber requires their own reservation time and climber number.
12. The next page will confirm your booking and you will receive a confirmation email to the email address on file. You can hit the “Back” button to start over and book a reservation for another day if allowable.
13. If you have any questions or issues, please Contact Us and we will get back to you as soon as possible via email or phone.
How to Make a Reservation by Phone (May reserve climbing wall time slot by calling the front desk within 7 days of the reservation)
1. Call the front desk during operating hours and our staff will be able to assist you with your reservation. Meadowmont: 919-966-5500 and NW Cary: 919-957-5900.
How to View a Scheduled Climbing Wall Reservation
1. Sign in to your online member account.
2. On your member account home page, select “Account Information”.
3. Select “Reservation Report” (Left Side of Screen).
4. Input Date Criteria.
5. Click “Show Report” (Right Side of Screen) to view your scheduled reservation.
How to Cancel a Scheduled Climbing Wall Reservation
1. Follow Steps 1-5 on How to View a Climbing Wall Reservation.
2. Look for “Schedule” (1st Box at Bottom of Screen).
3. Click Hyperlink of Climber/Appointment time that you want to cancel.
4. Click “Cancel Schedule” (Bottom Right).