UNC Wellness Centers is offering limited climbing wall access beginning the week of October 18th. Please read through the following information for more details.
Climbing Wall Hours
Tuesday and Thursdays 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Saturdays 10:00 am-2:00 pm
CLIMBING WALL INFORMATION
- Limited 40-minute online reservations for members ages 4 years and older for access to the climbing wall or the bouldering
- Reservations can be made through your member account.
- Reservations will be limited to one per day, per individual member, and not made per family.
- Reservations can be made for use on the main wall to use the automatic-belay, manually-operated belay, or for the bouldering wall.
- Reservations can be made 7 days in advance starting October 13th.
- There is gap time between each reservation to allow climbers to exit while maintaining physical distancing, also for staff to clean and disinfect high-touch and common areas between appointments.
- 3 lanes open on the main wall—and 2 routes per lane for variety.
- There is gap time before and after each reservation to allow exiting climbers, physical distancing, and cleaning and disinfecting between appointments.
- The first 5 minutes of each appointment will be used for updated climbing education
- In order to maintain physical distancing, parents and guardians may stand on the other side of the counter or in the seating area across from the climbing wall.
- UNC Wellness Centers staff members will wear face masks and eye protection.
- Climbers are required to wear a face-covering over the nose and mouth at all times.
- Check-in for climbing appointments will be done at the entry of the Climbing area for participants to review and complete the smart waiver and for hand sanitizing.
- Smart waivers can also be completed prior to arrival of appointment to streamline the check-in process by clicking here for an adult climber and here for a youth climber.
- UNC Wellness Centers will follow NC DHHS and CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfection, physical distancing, and hand-hygiene.