June 1st Reopening for Lap Swimming and Massage Therapy
Friday May 22, 2020
Due to the Governor’s announcement on Wednesday, we are limited to only offering lap swimming and massage therapy services during Phase two. Our Wellness Centers team is working on a reopening plan for these services to align with the state and local guidance. We are working to ensure every measure is implemented to protect against the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) for our patrons and our co-workers. In short, we will practice physical distancing, wear face coverings, increase cleaning and disinfecting, and conduct employee Wellness Checks. We have planned our reopening date for these services for Monday, June 1st. We anticipate the opportunity to be able to open our UNC Wellness Centers in full in phase three of the Governor’s plan which will be in the next 4-6 weeks. The following features will be part of our June 1st opening:
- 30-minute online reservations for lap swimming and individual water walking will be available, there will be no fee.
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 6:00am – 7:00pm, Saturday 7am – 7pm, closed Sunday.
- Pool usage will be restricted to members only, 13 years and older
- Lane use will be limited to one swimmer or water walker per lane.
- Reservations will be limited to one per day per person.
- Locker rooms will not be available to minimize the areas used by our members. Swimmers will shower on the pool deck before entering and after exiting the pool. Family changing rooms will only be available for restroom-use.
- Please bring your own towel.
- Sauna and whirlpool will be closed.
- As part of the state guidelines, All UNC Wellness swim equipment, kick boards, swim buoys, noodles, fins will be removed. Personal swim equipment will not be permitted.
- We will follow all DHHS and CDC guidelines for disinfection and physical distancing. Massage therapy will run on our usual reservation system as well as follow DHHS guidelines.
- No dues will be billed for June.
We are planning to communicate swim reservation, as well as, massage therapy reservation information on Wednesday, May 27. Thank you for your continued patience. We look forward to seeing you back at the wellness centers soon.