Proper nutrition is one of the most important components of a healthy lifestyle. We believe that each individual should have an eating plan that is designed with their own likes, dislikes, and health requirements in mind. Loving food and living well – we can help make it happen!
Nutritional services available to members and non-members include:
- New Member Nutrition Assessment: UNC Wellness Centers believes that nutrition is an important part of good health. Therefore, each new member is given a free 30-minute nutrition consult with a registered dietitian. Appointments can be made at the front desk.
- Individual Nutritional Counseling: Meet with a registered dietitian for a one-on-one session to discuss your nutritional concerns and nutrition meal planning.
- The Weigh To Wellness: An 8-week weight management program with a multidimensional, non-diet approach, geared towards improving your overall lifestyle.
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing: Metabolic testing is the only accurate way to measure energy expenditure. It calculates the number of calories an individual expends in a day while at rest. Knowing your metabolic measurement can provide the information needed to develop a nutritional assessment for personalized success.
- Sweat Rate Testing: Would you like to know how much sodium and water is lost during exercise? Simple measurements before and after exercise with a brief 20 minute session with the dietitian will help you answer these questions to optimize performance.
- Web Wellness: No time to see the dietitian on a regular basis? How about seeing the dietitian “virtually”? This program allows you to communicate with the dietitian on a weekly basis via e-mail or any other electronic application. Great for those with busy lives. This package includes an initial individual session and 10 weeks of follow-up.
- Weigh to Wellness Graduate Program: Upon completion of the Weigh to Wellness program, a 8-week graduate program is available that includes 6 sessions with a dietitian and 3 sessions with a wellness coach.
- UNC Weight Management Support Group: A healthy lifestyle is easier to achieve when you’ve got support. Losing weight is difficult and keeping it off even harder. Research shows that support from family, friends, and others make it easier to continue on the path to wellness. Join others for this monthly support group to find new ideas, vent your frustrations and meet people with similar concerns when trying to lose weight and keep it off.
Our Registered Dietitians are registered and licensed to practice dietetics in the state of North Carolina. The dietitians are available Monday-Saturday to schedule clients for nutrition appointments. Read the Nutrition Services staff bios for Meadowmont here and for Northwest Cary here.