Kid’s Summer Camp at UNC Wellness Centers at NW Cary
This summer, enroll your child in the Kid’s Summer Camp at The UNC Wellness Centers at NW Cary! This series of week-long camps will provide rising 1st-8th graders with a fun, healthy option while they are out of school. The Camp will consist of activities such as rock climbing, swimming, turf field games, fun exercise classes, and healthy cooking sessions. Space is limited, so sign up today! We have increased our capacity to 50! Please register at the front desk. Call 919-957-5900 for more information.
Camp Sessions: Monday – Friday
Week 1: June 19 – June 23
Week 2: June 26 – June 30
(No Camp Week of July 3 – 7)
Week 3: July 10 – July 14
Week 4: July 17 – July 21
Week 5: July 24 – July 28
Week 6: July 31 – August 4
Week 7: August 7 – August 11
8:00-9:00 am, Early care
9 am-5:15 pm, Monday-Friday
*Parents can drop children off between 8:45-9:00 am and pick up between 4:45-5:15 pm
Members: $225 per child, per week
Non-members $250 per child, per week
Early Care: $5 per day
10% Sibling Discount
Summer Swimming Guidelines
- On swimming activity days, each camper should bring a swimsuit.
- Swimmers must wear proper attire, i.e. swimming suits or trunks. No denim or cotton shorts are allowed.
- Undergarments are not allowed under swimsuits for health & sanitation reasons.
- Lycra swim shirts or rash guards are permissible. Cotton t-shirts may not be worn in the water.
- Flotation devices, such as Puddle Jumpers, water wings, or lifejackets are not allowed.
- If the camper cannot pass the swim test, they must stay in the 3½ foot depth of the pool area.
- Campers may bring goggles that cover the eyes only.
- Swim masks that cover the nose & snorkels are not allowed.
- Campers may bring a pool toy to play with. Individual items must be clearly labeled with the camper’s name.
- If summer camp staff or a lifeguard deems that a toy is unsafe or inappropriate for pool play time, it will be confiscated and returned to the parent at the end of the camp day.
The swim test that allows children to play in the deeper areas of the pool (4-9 feet) consists of:
- Jump feet first into water over the head in depth
- Level off and swim 25 feet on the surface of the water
- Stop and turn around 180 degrees
- Resume swimming on the surface of the water, and return to the starting place.