Quick Breakfast Solutions
Monday August 4, 2014
Do you commonly skip breakfast in the morning? Well research shows that the majority of people who have lost weight and successfully kept the weight off do eat breakfast. This is because breakfast—as the word implies—breaks the fasting period your body is in while sleeping and gets your metabolism moving. To kick start your weight loss or maintain a healthy weight, a simple breakfast including protein is certainly a healthy decision.
Here are some simple breakfast ideas:
- Plain oatmeal with fresh or frozen fruit, nuts, a tablespoon of nut butter.
- Greek yogurt, a piece of fruit, and toast
- Omelet made with one whole egg mixed with some egg whites. Add avocado, onions, peppers, or any veggies you prefer!
- Whole grain frozen waffle with 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Top it off with dried fruit like raisins if you prefer.
- Toast with low-fat ricotta and tomato slices with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, avocado, and tomato.
If the morning rush is too crazy, make it ahead of time and have your breakfast at work with your daily cup of coffee or tea!
Make-ahead morning meal ideas:
- An apple, 1 oz cheese, ¼ cup walnuts or almonds
- Whole wheat bagel, light cream cheese and a hard-boiled egg
- Add yogurt and fresh berries into a to-go container. In the morning, add ¾ c of cereal to the container, mix, and enjoy!
- Add smoothie ingredients like fresh fruit, spinach, yogurt, flax seed to a blender jar, refrigerate overnight. Add some water or juice and blend in the morning.
- Breakfast burrito: add scrambled eggs, cheese, black beans, avocado to a whole wheat tortilla and refrigerate. In the morning, microwave it and add some salsa.
- Banana, ¼ cup nuts, and a hard-boiled egg or yogurt