Monday July 21, 2014
Consistency is key with everything and it’s no different when it comes to being consistent with your workouts. With summer time in full swing it will be important to make sure that you can maintain that consistency while on vacation or if you’re traveling for work. Just because you’re away from the gym doesn’t mean you have to eliminate your workouts completely. Here is a quick bodyweight workout to do while you’re on the road and don’t have access to equipment. As always stay hydrated throughout.
Perform each exercise for 60 seconds then repeat the circuit 5 times.
1. Bodyweight Squats – Use a chair or bench as a guide, sit back on heels and drive up through hips, go as fast as possible maintaining correct form.
2. Pushups- To increase the difficulty of your standard pushup trying elevating the feet or moving the hands closer together
3. Sprint Run- Run as fast as you can in place.
4. Side Planks- Lie on your right side with your legs straight. Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line. Rest your left hand on your hip. Then switch sides.
5. Burpees – Start in pushup position, complete 1 pushup, bring knees to chest, come up to feet and jump as high as you can. Return to pushup position and repeat.
Rest for 60 seconds and repeat.