9 Healthy Reasons to Make a Massage Appointment Today
Monday January 6, 2014
Written by: Doris Alexander
Recent studies support 9 healthy reasons to make a massage appointment today:
1. Manage Anxiety and Depression – Massage reduces the stress hormone cortisol.
2. Ease pain – Massage can be as effective as medications, accupuncture, exercise and yoga in reducing pain.
3. Improve sleep – Massage affects the delta brain waves connected with deep sleep.
4. Boost Immunity – Massage boosts immunity by reducing stress and increasing white blood cell production.
5. Beat PMS – Massage eases bloating and mood swings associated with PMS.
6. Raise Alertness – Boost your brain power with massage!
7. Curb Headaches – Reduce pain from tension headaches and the frequency and severity of migraine headaches with massage.
8. Improve Complexion and Hair – Massage adds vitality to the complexion and hair by increasing blood flow and stimulating the lymphatic system
9. Ease Cancer Treatment – Massage can relieve fatigue, pain, anxiety, depression and nausea in cancer patients.